The firm Stefania Canali was founded in 1983 due to the growing need, as well as the increasing desire, to present the authentic Italy abroad.
Seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling and tasting – these five primordial things – were the basis upon which I founded my firm, a firm that has readily and gladly taken on the task of bringing all the sensory impressions of Tuscany and Italy to interested individuals around the world.
I grew up in the Dolomites, Venice and Florence. Following graduation, I travelled to the most impressive Italian destinations: at the time, I was the head of marketing for the luxury hotel group CIGA, the Italian Grand Hotels Company, and I visited hotels, restaurants, festivals and cultural locations from Bolzano to Palermo. Italy: a living museum beneath the blue sky. Italy: the quintessence of beauty.
When I was abroad, what I missed was not Italy as much as its incomparable beauty.
So I founded my firm, much like how one plants an olive tree. And like an olive tree, it grew slowly, nurtured with patience and affection. The firm had only a few branches, but they were strong: one was dedicated to holidays, another to wine, and another to art.
And I did indeed also plant a tree back then. In the rough but fertile earth of the tradition-steeped Nittardi Winery, one of the most evocative places in the world, deep in the heart of Tuscany.
Like the new firm, the young tree found a fertile soil here – and today, 30 years later, lush and leafy and with solid roots, it is still growing strongly. It was the first of many trees.
The philosophy of my firm is based on three Gs: Gentilezza, Gioia, Genuinità (Friendliness, Joy, Authenticity).
- We offer our customers informed, competent and friendly advice and service.
- We never get complaints, but get many compliments.
- We’re happy to regularly welcome back more than 50 percent of customers, some even of the second generation.
- We take special care that our customers always enjoy the sense of well-being inspired by long-lasting contentment.
- We offer a personal touch tailored to meet your needs.
- We look forward to special requests and suggestions.
- We respect the Earth, the environment, and life in every form.
- We love what we do.